1. Read Philippians 2:1-4. List the five things Paul says the Philippians should have some of and describe what each of these would look or feel like in a Christian’s life. Would you say you have some or all of these qualities? If so, explain how they manifest themselves in your life.
2. According to verse two, what will it take to make Paul’s joy complete? Try and say what these mean within a community of believers.
3. What command does Paul give the Philippians in verse three? Be detailed in your answer. Do you consider this a difficult task? Does this command apply to you? If you answered yes then how is this convicting to you? Use specific examples please.
4. Review verse four and try and think of several ways in which you could apply this in your life over the next month. Think of specific people.
5. How would following all that you have learned so far make you a better and happier person?
6. Read Philippians 2:5-11. From verses 5-8 explain all the ways in which Jesus Christ considered others more important than himself. Why is that one of the most amazing things that ever happened in the history of mankind?
What happened to Jesus as a result of His self-denial and uncompromising love according to verses 9-12?